Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sunday Smorgasbord!




I'm linking up today with Michelle over at Fabulous in First for Sunday Smorgasbord! 

I hope everyone had a happy fourth of July.  Today is the last day for my sale, so be sure to stop by my TpT Store!
 
 

{one}
Whoever said teachers don't work in the summer was WRONG!  I started planning the other day and putting everything together for each week. 
 
{The sound cards are from Step into 2nd Grade with Mrs. Lemons and they are fabulous!  The Cafe Strategy cards are from my freebie here.}




I also made this little author of the month sign for my classroom.  I got the picture frame at Marshall's and I can just write on the glass with dry erase markers. :)




{two}
 ...but it's not ALL work. :)  I have been enjoying days by the pool (when it's not raining!) and doing some reading, which makes me happy, happy, happy!  This is a great read, especially if you're a fan of the tv show...  It's about Phil's life and struggles (love Miss Kay even more now) and emphasizes the important stuff - God, family, slowing down and getting back to the simple life!


{three}
This year, I contemplated buying another Erin Condren Life Planner.  After MUCH thought (it's a hard decision, okay?! :)), I decided to opt for a Lilly Pulitzer planner instead.  I am SO happy I did!  It was almost half the price of a Life Planner and to me, offers me all I need in a planner.  (Yes, I am a planner enthusiast.)

I about died when I saw Target's yellow chevron planners... I had to remind myself that Target planners never hold up for me (the binding always comes apart) and tear myself away from the aisle.

Here's a side by side look at both planners. 



 Both come with cute stickers.  (I personally like Lilly's stickers better, so cute and whimsical!)


The weekly view of the planners is a bit different.  The Lilly planner has the more traditional style whereas the Life Planner has morning, day, and night spaces.

 


The monthly views are similar - both adorbs.


The Lilly planner is a 17 month planner (August 2013 to December 2014) whereas the Life Planner is a 12 month planner.  Erin Condren costs about $50, Lilly was $28.

For me, the Lilly planner was just a no-brainer.  If you are looking for less expensive (but still wonderful!) option for a planner this year, you might want to check out the Lilly planners here.  

I know my wallet thanks me.  :)



 photo SimplySchoolteacherSignature_zps8df27a33.png

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the book recommendation I just ordered it on my kindle! I've been debating a new life planner as well, I've had two, but I just don't use it enough to justify the expense. I'm thinking I'll order her family management system instead. Your Lily one is too cute! I think I need to switch to digital because I need to share with hubby. Decisions decisions.

    Gracie
    www.livinglargeinfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie Marie, I just found your blog today. I really like the idea about the picture frame! I'm going to totally do that this year. Thanks so much.

    If you have a second, stop by my blog.

    Take care!

    Sharon Dudley, NBCT
    Teaching with Sight

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your planner and love Duck Dynasty. Have a great summer and thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete