Sunday, January 6, 2019

Teaching English Online!!

Whenever I share about online teaching on my Instagram, I always get tons of questions in my DMs! I figured I would answer them here so I can direct interested teacher friends to one place. :)

I currently work part-time for two companies, VIPKID and gogokid, teaching English online to kiddos in China! My full time job is as a kindergarten teacher!

I have been teaching with VIPKID for about a year and a half now, and I love it! Here's the lowdown on what it is exactly:

✳ Classes are one-on-one and full immersion (meaning you speak English only, no Chinese!)
✳ All lessons are provided for you
✳ Classes are 25 minutes long with 5 minutes provided for you to write feedback to the student
✳ You can make between $14 and $22 an hour!

Here is what the classroom looks like: 


It's kind of like a mix between Powerpoint and Facetime!


These are the things I LOVE about teaching for VIPKID:
✳ There are different incentives that allow you to make more money than your base pay!
✳ There is no minimum amount of hours you have to work per week, so it is totally flexible - this is especially great for someone doing this as a part-time gig!
✳ There is minimal "prep work" you have to do. I look at the PPT slides in advance and use a whiteboard, puppet, and a few props during my classes!

"But what are the hours like??"

This is a question I get often since China is 12 hours ahead of my time zone! The "peak" times (most popular times) for each time zone will vary. In my time zone (EST), my peak times end at 9am (during the summer, they end at 10am thanks to Daylight Savings Time!). So I teach from 6-7 before school, and on the weekends from 7 or 8 until 9. If you are a night owl (I am NOT!) you can also teach at night. In my time zone, you could teach starting at 7:30pm. 

Gogokid is VERY similar to VIPKID. It is a newer company, so there are less teachers and students using this platform. In both VIPKID and gogokid, parents have the ability to book your classes. They look at your bio, pictures, and short intro video to see if you'd be a good fit for their child! Because of this, it can take a few weeks to build up a full schedule. 


In addition to teaching classes, you can earn money at both companies for referring teachers! If you want to use my referral code to apply, I can add you to my private Facebook group where I provide videos and answer questions to help you through the hiring process. If you choose to go this route (yay!) - DM me on Instagram and let me know that you used my code and we can get you set up in the group!
If you want to use my referral link for VIPKID, click here!

If you want to use my referral link for gogokid, click here

If you have any questions about VIPKID or gogokid, please leave them in the comments below! 

 photo SimplySchoolteacherSignature_zps8df27a33.png

3 comments:

  1. This is really a great post. Thank you for taking time to provide us some of the useful and exclusive information with us. Incredibly grateful for your ideas and generosity! Super helpful, practical, clever advice on ideas of types of sentences and delivered clearly with a unique style. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. الكلادينج هي ألواح تستعمل لتغطية واجهات المباني زجاجية ذات ألوان معدنية، وهي مقاومة للحريق وعازلة للحرارة وخفيفة الوزن شركة سيستم بنل هي افضل شركة كلادينج في مصر كما أن ألوانها متعددة وكثيرة جداً وطريقة تركيبها سهلة وسريعة بالإضافة إلى أنها قوية ومتينة نظراً لجمال شكل الكلادينج باتت تستخدم في المداخل وحشو مطابخ الألوميتال مما يمنحها مظهراً خلاباً فريداً من نوعه تختلف اسعار تركيب كلادينج واجهات واجهات الكلادينج هي واجهات يتم تنفيذها باستعمال ألواح مصنوعة من ثلاث طبقات الطبقتان الأولى والأخيرة مصنوعتان من الألمونيم ويتوسطهما مادة للحشو

    ReplyDelete
  3. تتم عمليات شد البطن عن طريق عمل شق جراحي في أسفل البطن وغالباً ما يكون ممتداً من عظمة الحوض إلى عظمة الحوض الأخرى يقوم الطبيب بسحب الجلد فوق البطن للأسفل لاستئصال الزائد منه بسهولة، ويتم بعد ذلك تحديد موقع جديد للسرة بشق فتحة في الجلد المشدود وتثبيتها فيه في حين يستخدم أنبوب طبي في تصريف أي سوائل زائدة من أسفل الجرح بعد عملية شد البطن إلا أنه لا يشكل ألم للمريض تتعدد المراكز الطبية التي تجرى بها عمليات شد ترهلات الجسم والبطن بالليزر في مصر وكذلك المستشفيات التي تضم قسما خاصا لشفط الدهون وتنسيق القوام فيكفي القول بأن أغلب المراكز الطبية التي توفر خدمات شفط الدهون ونحت القوام في مصر فإنها بالتبعية تُجرى بها عملية شد البطن وهو ما يضمن لك العثور على خيارات أماكن متعددة لإجراء عمليتك

    ReplyDelete