Monday, April 22, 2013

{Obnoxious squeals of happiness}

I'm ridiculously excited to unveil my new teaching blog and really get my blog train chuggin' along!

I was a little ambitious when I thought I could start my first year teaching at a new school, start blogging, and open a TPT store at the same time.  Needless to say I was pulling my hair out and had to shut 'er down.

Not only did I realize I was taking on too much with that, but also at school alone.  I tried to do WAY too much, abandoned things that weren't working, began new project after new method after new strategy... and that's when I had to stop.

I simplified.  I organized.  I paused to take a look around.  I saw what was working and what wasn't, I let go.  And ever since then, life's been a little easier.

 Cue the obnoxious squeals of happiness -- I can now put effort into my teaching blog and TPT store again!  Welcome to Simply Schoolteacher.  A reminder to myself and all my busy teacher friends to slow down and smell the flowers.  :)

Here's a link to my TeachersPayTeachers store.  I have lots of freebies and LOTS more to come!










8 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine trying to do all of that the first year of teaching! I am on my 4th year and sometimes I get way overwhelmed. Glad to be your first follower <3
    Elizabeth
    Kickin’ it in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth! Let's see if I can keep up with it this go around.


      I love your super cute blog. Newest follower. :)

      Delete
  2. Welcome (back) to blogging :) I am happy to now be following along on your teaching journey!

    Nikki
    The Cozy Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nikki! I'm your newest follower as well. Love the blog girl. :)

      Delete
  3. Teaching alone can be overwhelming, much less teaching your FIRST year along with doing TpT and blogging! I'm in my fourth year of teaching and started creating for TpT in October of 2012. I then started my blog a couple months later and soon became overwhelmed! I also have 2 kids at home and a husband that's in the army and leaves very frequently. I quickly had a reality check in the form of exhaustion and learned a valuable lesson--stop. Just stop and breatheeee! I recently came to the conclusion that before I start my blog-stalking or creating for TpT, I first have my Jesus time, after the kids go to bed of course. That's the one thing that keeps me sane and my mind in the right place.. I'm currently studying through a Beth Moore book that is amazing.. I'd highly recommend anything she writes! Also, now that I've shared what seems like half my life with you, lol, I know first starting out on the blog thing is tough--I've googled so many things it's crazy! If you have any questions, I'd be happy to help! :)

    Mandy
    The 4th Grade Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet Mandy! I agree - Jesus time is a MUST. I'm reading Jesus Calling right now but I'm going to have to check out Beth Moore! Thank you soo much for your kind words!!

      Delete
  4. You are amazing in my book! Your first year of teaching is a blur and all about survival. Lol! I cannot even imagine adding blogging and TPT to your plate. I am so happy to hear that things seem to be much easier now. You'll learn to adjust with each group because they will all be different.

    I saw that you are a Pez lover and I am too!

    I am happy to be your newest follower. If I can ever help in anyway, just ask.

    I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance.

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather! Even my students know I love Pez... they'll always come in with some for me and I just wonder, are they at the store asking their parents to buy me Pez?? :) Love your blog!! Newest follower!

      Delete