Sunday, June 30, 2013

Free CAFE strategies for primary grades!

Hi friends!

Over the summer, I've been reading The Daily Five and CAFE to implement in my classroom next year.  I've been so excited to read these and can honestly say they are filled with lots of amazing ideas!  Last year, I conducted my centers similar to how the sisters suggest in Daily 5.  I'm hoping this will help me to transition into using both CAFE and the Daily 5 next year!

To me, the original CAFE menu seemed a bit overwhelming for primary students.  (Although I know a lot of teachers use it with great success!)  There's a CAFE menu for emergent readers that looks like it would work wonderfully in a K classroom.  Then I looked at the menu for transitional readers and I believe it's perfect for a 1st grade classroom!  This is the menu I will be using with my firsties for next year.  I created all of the strategy cards for this menu, complete with cute clipart!











Click the cover page below to get your freebie!




As I continue reading the Cafe Book, I may add a few more strategies from the original menu.  If I do, I will be sure to update my freebie pack!  If you have any suggestions for more strategy cards to add to this pack, let me know in the comments or send me an email.  :)


1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just downloaded and printed out your CAFE strategies. Thanks! I think these "transitional" strategies will be perfect! How is it going for you now that the year is halfway over?

    ReplyDelete