Monday, June 24, 2013

How we do Writer's Workshop

Hi everyone!  Hope you are all having a relaxing, fun summer!

Today I wanted to write a little bit about how we do Writer's Workshop in our classroom.

Here is our Writing Choice Board.  Students can look here to see what they'd like to write when they are ready to start a new rough draft.  I got this awesome writing choice board from Teaching With Love and Laughter.

 
The little authors keep their writing folders in these magazine holders according to where they are in the writing process.



We keep the final copy paper in these drawers and tubs.  After they've conferenced with me, they can start their final copy!  They're always so excited to get to this stage.



In this basket, we keep dictionaries and writing word walls.  I've gotten a lot of writing word walls from Erica Bohrer's blog! (The Spring Words came from her!)
 
 
In addition to workshop time, we do writing during centers and morning work.  For morning work every day, we write in our journals.  Here's my favorite journal entry from this past spring.

 
As a Harry Potter nerd - I love it!
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment