Thursday, December 15, 2016

"How to Make a Gingerbread House" Shared Writing

We made gingerbread houses today!



They turned out SO well and I'm convinced a lot of it had to do with a shared writing activity we did beforehand. 

 

We started by talking about the materials we needed to make the gingerbread house.  Several kiddos wrote the words and drew the pictures for this part.  I did help with spelling for this activity!

Then, we thought about the steps needed for making a gingerbread house.  We brainstormed these together and landed on these four steps.  I gave each child a job, and off they went!

 
  

I love these activities because they have to really work together to complete the pictures and writing.  I let them go anywhere in the room to do their work, and when they're finished with their piece, they have to go around and help others!

Here's what our final wall of writing looks like. :)



Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment