Saturday, September 14, 2013

Five for Friday (on a Saturday!)


Hi Friends!  I'm linking up today with Doodle Bugs for the Five for Friday linky party!  (Even though it's Saturday... oops!)



1.  We've been working hard on reviewing letter sounds, especially beginning sounds!  This was one of our morning sheets this week.  I heart DJ inkers clip art! :)

2.  We have also launched daily five in our room and have started reading to self time.  We were up to 12 minutes! (Then went back down to 7 on Friday - thank you, Friday the 13th!)
 
{The 3 ways to read a book sign is from Shine on in Kinder and can be found here! :) }




We did the "shoe lesson" (from the Daily Five book) for using "I PICK" to choose good fit books.  (I thought these shoe anchor chart pieces were from First Grade WOW but now I can't seem to find them!  If anyone knows where they are from, I will be sure to give credit!)
 
 Here are our book boxes.  I let my kiddos choose 5 books for their box.  They also have their poetry binder they can read during read to self and they can also use their whisper phone (pvc pipe!).

3.  We also started math tubs this week!  I wanted some easy-ish tubs for the first week to ease into how we do math tub time.  :)
We worked on patterns (from my Welcome Back to School Math Center pack).
 
 
Roll and Write (top) and Sort It Out (below) are both from Julie Lee's All About Me pack!
 
Roll, Add, and Cover... from my Watermelon Wonder pack!
 
4.  We talked a little about September 11th this week.  To them, since it was before they were born, it seems like "forever ago."  To us, it seems like yesterday!





 

 
 5.  And since I didn't share a picture of my teacher space when I showed classroom pictures last week, here it is!  It was nice and clean, so I snapped a pic! :)  I do make sure it looks like this when I leave each day.  I can't walk in to a messy classroom in the morning!


 
 
Happy weekend everyone!

 photo SimplySchoolteacherSignature_zps8df27a33.png

No comments:

Post a Comment