Friday, November 8, 2013

Cloudy with a Chance of Adjectives

We recently started talking about adjectives.  I introduced this concept by reading the book Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.  This book is one of my favorites for teaching adjectives - it is FULL of them!  After reading the story and talking about what an adjective is, we brainstormed some weather adjectives using interactive writing.



A few days later, we did this follow up sheet to refresh their little memories. :)

 
I don't have a picture of the kiddos filling out this sheet, but they did a great job remembering what we talked about!
 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Lkz94caDI_RktuU1ZYNHlxbXc/edit?usp=sharing
 
I absolutely *heart* interactive writing.  It makes me smile seeing my students' work hanging all around the classroom, and it is about 10 times more important to them when they are the creators of their own learning! :)
 
 

 photo SimplySchoolteacherSignature_zps8df27a33.png

No comments:

Post a Comment